Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Lingering class thoughts

-We shall not stop from exploration and the end of all exploring will be to arrive where we started but know the place for the first time.

These are very powerful words. In a way it reminded me of the words a friend of mine e-mailed to me from a book she is reading. The line was "The second time you see something is really the first time. You need to know how it ends before you can appreciate how beautifully it's put together from the beginning."

This line is about watching movies, but the two are definitely similar, almost interchangeable, and I must say that I completely agree.


-The final belief is to believe in a fiction you know to be a fiction.

This is also something I found to be extremely interesting. I am curious as to if people think this is similar to the idea of having faith in something. If so, is that empowering the term faith or not?

No comments: